Terms & Conditions
The legal stuff
Use of the Website
Welcome to Other Path Travel’s website. We hope you like it and find it useful.
Unless otherwise noted, the Site and its materials -- including designs, layouts, images, illustrations, icons, photographs, video clips, posts, comments and written and other materials that appear as part of the Site (the ‘Content’) -- are copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property owned or licensed by Other Path Travel.
While we make every effort to keep the Site up to date and bug free, from time to time there may be typographical or other errors. We reserve the right to update information or correct any errors, including in relation to pricing, at any time.
The Site is intended solely for personal, non-commercial use by the users of the Site for the purpose of planning or booking a tour or activity with us, or supporting themselves on a tour or activity booked with us. You may download or copy Content from the Site for your personal use (or the personal use of traveling companions who are covered by any booking made by you).
You may not transmit, publish, distribute, store in any form of electronic retrieval system, create derivative works or otherwise exploit Content or related software beyond what is reasonably covered by personal, non-commercial use without prior written permission from us.
User comments, posts and other submissions
You agree to only submit content to the Site for which you are the legal copyright holder.
While the copyright of all user comments, posts or other submissions (whether written, photographic or other media) made on or contributed to the Site remains with the user, by submitting this information to the Site the user is deemed to be granting unlimited usage rights to Other Path Travel, from the time of submission onwards, for use within Other Path Travel’s travel business.
You agree to use the Site for lawful purposes (applicable national laws as well as international law) and not to post or transmit harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racial or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. You agree to indemnify Other Path Travel against any liability to any person or organization arising out of any website content that you contribute to the Site.
You agree not to use the Site to solicit business for any commercial organization or individual, or to post or submit fraudulent or misleading information.
User comments, posts and submissions to the Site can only be made by users that have registered on the Site. Registered user profiles must contain correct user names and contact details. Only one profile is allowed per person. Your real name and contact details will never be made available to others (unless you choose a user name that reveals them).
Other Path Travel, as moderator of the Site including forums, blogs and social media, reserves the right to delete comments, posts and any other submissions it considers do not meet these guidelines, and to exclude users whom it considers do not abide by them.
By using the Site and its Contents, including links to websites other than the Other Path Travel website, you acknowledge that they are provided on an ‘As Is’ basis, without any warranties express or implied.
Links to other websites are provided by Other Path Travel for your convenience only; they do not signify that we endorse the website(s). Other Path Travel has no control over the content of other websites and you access them at your own risk.
- The person making the booking (the Booker). If not otherwise specified, the Booker is the first-named person in the booking. Booker includes any other person to whom the process of managing the booking might later be transferred.
- All persons covered by the booking (the Travelers). This includes the Booker if the Booker is traveling on the tour(s) covered by the booking. Travelers also includes any other person or persons added later to the booking.
These travel Terms & Conditions are a contract (the Booking) made between us and the Booker.
In relation to the booking process and booking details (including itinerary, Traveler’s details, invoices and payments) prior to the tour, as well as post-tour, we will communicate with the Booker who is responsible for:
- Providing all necessary information to us
- Honoring all payments
- Communicating with all Travelers
‘Group Leader’ refers to the first-named person in each Tour covered by the booking. This may or may not be the same as the Booker. During a tour, on a day to day basis the Group Leader will:
- Represent the Booker and be your responsible person for any issues related to these terms & conditions
- Be your responsible person that we work with on operational matters – such as day to day itinerary details, or Travelers’ needs or preferences
- Communicate with Travelers (where not already done by us as part of the normal tour)
Other Path Travel takes security and privacy of your personal data very seriously.The Other Path Travel website, including all customer and booking data, is housed on secure commercial hosting servers in the USA; the Other Path Travel website uses SSL security and encryption as well as other security measures to protect the Site and customer data. We will never share your data or information with others (except where expressly required by law). Also, we hate spam as much as you do, and consider it an invasion of privacy. We never engage in or tolerate spam emails or spam social media. The personal data we collect includes:
- Your name, address, email and other personal contact information required by us to make a booking and contact you regarding any booking notifications. If you register with us, you may logon to the Site and view and edit this profile information online; you may also email us at [email protected] and request to view or edit it.
- Information on bookings you make, including itineraries and related booking emails and invoices. If you register with us, you may logon to the Site and view your complete history of bookings, tours, activities, invoices, payments and emails with us -- all gathered together in one place for easy reference for your convenience. If you have an issue with any of this history, you may contact us at [email protected] and we will review it with you.
- Your communication preference – you can opt in or opt out to receiving occasional emails from us telling you of Other Path Travel offers or news. If you register with us, you can logon to the Site and make changes to your preferences online; otherwise you may contact us at [email protected].
- Your history of comments, posts and other submissions made on the Site (forums and other social media). We securely archive old forum comments and posts. You can have all or parts of your history deleted by contacting us at [email protected].
All dates in these booking and cancellation conditions refer to Hanoi time.
A booking with a booking ID is created when either:
- Using the Other Path Travel website, you select a tour and a start date, fill in your contact details as part of the online booking process, and proceed to checkout if making a payment online, or click 'Reserve Now' to send us a reservation email
- You call or email us and select a tour & start date (or define a custom tour with a start date), provide your contact details, and Other Path Travel staff then create a booking on your behalf. We will send you an email with booking details and a payment button for making a payment.
A booking becomes an agreement between us when you make a payment (deposit or full amount) for the booking. A payment is only considered made when cleared funds have arrived in our account.
The Booker must be at least 18 years old to make a booking with us, and in any case must be legally able to make booking payments. If the booking includes services with age restrictions (eg riding a motorcycle), then all relevant Travelers must be of the appropriate age to purchase such services. Other Path Travel shall not be liable for any non-refundable booking payments or other costs arising from bookings where any of the conditions in this paragraph are not true.
After a booking is made, we will send you emails using the email address you provided as part of the booking process. You are responsible for ensuring that the email address you give us is correct for contacting you; and that you provide a working telephone number that we can contact you on if there is a problem contacting you via your email address.
Our booking related emails will indicate, where applicable:
- The due date for paying the deposit – the deposit must be paid on or before this date; if not, then tour places, hotel rooms, boat places and the like can no longer be held for the booking and will be released and may be booked by others
- The due date for full payment – the final or full payment must be paid on or before this date; if not, then any deposit paid will be forfeit, and the booking canceled. We will send a reminder email as the due date approaches (provided the booking creation date is not too close to the tour start date).
By way of illustration, the deposit due date is typically around 9 days after the booking creation date, and the full payment due date is typically around 45 days before the start of the tour. If you book close to the start date of the tour, full payment is generally due at the time of booking.
Bookings cannot be made more than 12 months or less than 4 days in advance of the tour start date.
We give prices for various individual items -- Tours, Options, Extras -- throughout the Site. When these are bundled into a booking, sometimes the overall price can be very slightly different due to rounding differences. The prices on the Invoice are the final booking prices.
All booking prices and payments are specified in US dollars. We cannot accept payment in other currencies. You are responsible for any conversions between your local currency and US dollars.
We reserve the right to change the price of unsold tours at any time, and to correct errors in the price of confirmed bookings.
We endeavor to lock in the prices of all suppliers at the time of booking, but sometimes (very rarely) this is not possible, and the price of your confirmed booking is therefore subject to:
- Changes in Government taxes or fees – for example, taxes on motor vehicle fuel, park entry fees
- Unexpected increases in prices from service providers
We will absorb and you will not be charged for any such price increase in your confirmed booking up to an amount equal to 5% of the original price of the booking. You will be charged for any excess increase in price above this — you will have the option of: paying the excess increase; or selecting a different tour (if we are able to offer one); or modifying the original tour to reduce the price (if possible); or cancelling and receiving a full refund of the amount you have paid us (in US dollars, less any non-refundable deposits or other payments already made to suppliers).
There will be no changes to prices of confirmed bookings within 30 days of the tour start date.
You may cancel your booking (or cancel a tour within a booking covering multiple tours) at any time by contacting us at [email protected], or by using the ‘cancel’ link in any related email we send you. If we receive the notice of cancellation (or you use the cancel link):
- less 10 days before the tour start date, then 100% of the price of the booking will be forfeit
- between 20 to 10 days inclusive before the tour start date, then 70% of the price of the booking will be forfeit, and the remainder refunded to you (in US dollars, less any transfer fees)
- more than 20 days before the tour departure, then any deposit paid will be forfeit and the remainder will be refunded to you (in US dollars, less any transfer fees)
If you wish to make an alteration (such as a change to the itinerary) to a confirmed booking where payments to suppliers may have already been made:
- You must inform us in writing as soon as possible
- Changes can generally only be made when the tour is 'exclusive' (consists of a single group of people covered by a single booking)
- We will work with you to see what is possible – even if the tour has started — to try and meet your request; however, any changes will be at our discretion
- If the changes are after 30 days before the scheduled start date, an alteration fee (US$100 minimum) will apply to cover any non-refundable payments made to suppliers and our admin costs
- We will provide you with a new quote (if applicable) by email:
- with a payment button for payment of any additional amount if the new price (with the alteration fee) is higher
- or if the new price (with the alteration fee) is less, then we will refund you in US$ any amount left over after we have paid any non-refundable amounts to our suppliers
If you leave the tour early, we will not offer you any refund.
Most tours have a minimum number of participants required to guarantee departure on the scheduled date; for many tours this number is between 2 and 4. We will email you to tell you the number of people booked around 50 days before the tour start date. If the number booked around 30 days before the tour start date is less than the minimum, we will email you again:
- We may choose at our discretion to run the tour with less people
- We may choose at our discretion to cancel the tour – you will have the option (and we will work with you) of selecting / joining a different tour (if we are able to offer one); of paying an additional amount to convert the tour into a private, custom tour; or cancelling and receiving a full refund of the amount you have paid us (in US dollars less any transfer fees).
If a booking is not made well in advance of the tour start date (as detailed in the Information tab on the detailed web page for each tour), some of our preferred accommodation (or boats in the case of a cruise) may not be available. In the unusual circumstance that this is the case, we will inform you if we consider the next best alternative would make a material difference to the tour; in this case you will have the option of accepting the change (with a refund of the price difference or additional payment where applicable), selecting a different tour (if we are able to offer one), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of the amount you have paid us (in US dollars).
There is travel that fits within the expected and then there are journeys that go beyond. At Other Path Travel, we specialize in small group tours that will take you to a Vietnam that most travelers never see, extraordinarily beautiful, amazingly diverse, off the beaten path.
From astounding natural beauty to scooter-packed streets in vibrant cities, we offer a range of experiences to suit your interests and travel style whether that’s exploring extraordinary scenery by private car or motorbike; cruising spectacular islands by boat From astounding natural beauty to scooter-packed streets in vibrant cities, we offer a range of experiences to suit your interests and travel style whether that’s exploring extraordinary scenery by private car or motorbike; cruising spectacular islands by boat From astounding natural beauty to scooter-packed streets in vibrant cities, we offer a range of experiences to suit your interests and travel style whether that’s exploring extraordinary scenery by private car or motorbike;
cruising spectacular islands by boat From astounding natural beauty to scooter-packed streets in vibrant cities, we offer a range of experiences to suit your interests and travel style whether that’s exploring extraordinary scenery by private car or motorbike; cruising spectacular islands by boat